Sunday 29 January 2012

Can you get fitter by being a spectator?

I spent Saturday evening eating doughnuts and cookies whilst watching the Revolution 36 at Manchester velodrome.  The racing was exhilarating, particularly the men's sprints with Chris Hoy and Jason Kenny.
















I cheered on the Team Sky endurance racers especially Ian Stannard (who came through the youth development of my local club, Team MK) and Alex Dowsett.















The highlight of the evening was the Durney race with eight pacers and 8 cyclists on the track.















The trip to Manchester didn't leave much time for any decent training myself and I only managed to get out on my bicycle to do my 17 mile Long lane route.  I chose the titanium bike to see how the Q-rings would compare.  The outcome - faster than previous and 1.7 mph off my personal best, so spectating (and doughnuts) makes you fitter ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment